Friday, January 19, 2018

Seeing this world for realsies

These days I’m a student of non-duality (nondualism). I believe that only one thing, god and ourselves, are real, nothing else is, including the physical world. It does not exist. And what is real is one thing, no divisions.

I actually got my first perception of it almost twenty years before I had even heard of the concept. I remember being at home and thinking about what it was I really really wanted.

I got the perception that what I wanted was... A Sort Of Warmth. I’m sure it’s the same as some call Love, some call Spirit, some call... so many things. I had always found it in beauty and art.

That day I looked for it in my mind’s eye in all of the universe, and I saw and felt that nothing there was it, and that nothing I looked for was even... solid. It did not feel real to me. It was not real.

But I could feel that this warmth was real, it was there somewhere, and I continued my quest for it.

Some call it God, some call it Infinity, some call it The Universe. I believe now what I’m taught, that one can gradually shift one’s attention from The World Of Form to The World Of God or Love, and eventually one will arrive there.

No comments: