Sunday, December 4, 2011

Book: "Living With Miracles"

D. Patrick Miller, the original publisher of The Disappearance Of The Universe, has a new book out: Living with Miracles (author's page and Amazon page).

I warmly recommend it both as a gentle and easy-to-read introduction to the Course, and paradoxically also, for me at least, further study around the basic ideas of the Course for more advanced students.

For example the book contains one of the best definitions I have seen of the "Holy Spirit" of the Course: "an intuitive communication link between our own seemingly limited consciousness and the unlimited consciousness of God".

"Intuitive communication link", that's just spot-on.

I asked D. Patrick:

What's the raison d'étre, amidst all the other books on the subject?

My previous book UNDERSTANDING A COURSE IN MIRACLES was mostly history and journalism, describing  how the Course came to be and became influential, and providing a summary of its chief principles. I told a few personal stories of how it had affected me, however, and I noticed that those were the parts of the book most often mentioned by readers. So I thought there would be some interest in a book that focused on stories of how the Course had affected students, including myself. So it's a more personal book in that respect, and is more about the *experience* of ACIM than its history. 


Thanks for the write-up! BTW I just published an e-book that provides an in-depth study of healing a relationship with forgiveness, entitled THE PERFECT MOTHER.  

1 comment:

TC [Girl] said...

"BTW I just published an e-book that provides an in-depth study of healing a relationship with forgiveness, entitled THE PERFECT MOTHER."

Ummm..."PERFECT!" :-D