Thursday, December 31, 2009

Not believing in anything...

This is just for fun...
One of my favorite old hard-rock songs is Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hotrod". And it's funny to me that while the lyrics seemed very nihilistic to me back when, they seem now to have a lot of truth in them, when viewed a certain way. :-)

... Actually, the lyrics I'm referring to are only in the longer single version of the song (the "Redline/Whiteline" version), and are seemingly sampled from the movie Wise Blood (based on the book of the same name, about faith):

"I've come a long way since I believed in anything...
Where you come from is gone...
Where you thought you were going to was never there...
And where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it."

I could not find the single version on YouTube, but here is the regular version:

No comments: