Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Posts

Two important posts on my other blog:

Peace Pilgrim

Irv Thomas

Quote from the top one:
You see, the ego is never in control. The ego is controlled by wishes for comfort and convenience on the part of the body, by demands of the mind, and by outbursts of the emotions. But the higher nature controls the body and the mind and the emotions. I can say to my body, "Lie down there on that cement floor and go to sleep," and it obeys. I can say to my mind, "Shut out everything else and concentrate on this job before you," and it's obedient.

I notice one difference between her philosophy and the Course: she recommends getting rid of all possessions you don't "need". The course might say that this is making the possessions real. What you do is forgiving your need for the possessions in your mind. What you do in the physical universe is not real and does not matter, except where you change your mind at the same time.

Another difference is that she recommends doing things in the world that need doing. The Course says "there is no world". The mind creates the illusion of the world, so only changing the mind will help.

No comments: