Thursday, September 6, 2007

Pain

In looking at the special relationship, it is necessary first to realize that it involves a great amount of pain. Anxiety, despair, guilt and attack all enter into it…
(ACIM T-16.V.1:1-2)

"one does not journey to the light without experiencing great difficulties and pain."
- Ken Wapnick article

This is apparently generally denied, you certainly don't hear a lot about it. But I think we need to know about, simply because normally pain indicates something is wrong and so you run away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to this. I have turned my special relationship with food over to my HS. And my HS's helping me let go of the excess food that I was using to to seperate me from God's love. As I type, I'm setting here with no where to turn it feels like. I can't use food anymore and my awareness of God's love is not strong enough to to fill the void yet. And I am feeling very anxious, very anxious.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, many of us have times battling this dreadful void. I think we just have to tough it out.

http://tr.im/jHiA